JARDEN DESIGNS WELCOMES YOU

It is my pleasure to share with you my creative life. Here I will be sharing photos of my home interior, and exterior garden, and new refurbishing projects I am currently working on. I hope you enjoy viewing as much as I do creating. Heres to LIFE well lived and decorated!!! Jary

20110509

Lovely garden/potting bench

I just finished putting the last touches on this new piece.  It was an old brown 4 drawer dresser,  I picked up.   I decided to attempt my skills(? learning more everyday) and create a garden/potting bench.  I had been inspired by others in magazines and thought give it a try.  I choose the colors blue and green, because they are fresh and spring like and pulled out the colors that were in the tiles I wanted to cover the top with. I removed the 2 bottom drawers beacause they were kind of wanky and I wanted some open space in it.  I choose chicken wire to be the material for the back because it was quirky and you can hang tools on it.

This was a fun project, a little more time consuming, but the results were well worth it.  I just have to start taking my before photos so you can really see the transformation.

7 comments:

  1. I love this dresser makeover! I've included it in my roundup of 12 ways to repurpose a dresser.

    http://www.addicted2decorating.com/twelve-ways-to-repurpose-a-dresser-dresser-transformations.html

    Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so clever - this is awesome! I'm a gardening journalist in New Zealand, currently working on an inspirational DIY project magazine. I'd love to include this photo - credited, of course! Can you please email me on holmes.deb@gmail.com Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very crafty... I love it!! I want to make it but I'm not that crafty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very crafty... I love it!! I want to make it but I'm not that crafty :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jaryr,

    Do you have an email address i can contact you on about using one of your images please? im on rw@rosemarywatts.com Thanks! Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://rinawatt.com/27-creative-potting-bench-ideas-to-make-gardening-more-fun/?preview_id=3838&preview_nonce=a9572008c4&post_format=standard&_thumbnail_id=25366&preview=true

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,
    How did you add the tile pieces to the top of the dresser? Could you please provide more information on that bit.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete